Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The results are in............

And we saved some mega money on groceries today!  I told you guys about the couponing class we took last week.  Well we put our couponing knowledge to the test today!  In the spirit of our money saving Thursday, I started the day off with a visit to our local produce stand (I found this one last week and it has fantastic produce at outstanding prices and it is literally right down the road, which = perfect)!  Here is a photo of my scores at the produce stand. I got all of this for $11.81.


(1 Watermelon, 1 cantaloupe, 2 yellow bell peppers, 3 tomatoes, 5 Georgia peaches and 6 cucumbers)


Then I waited for Mr. T to get home from work so we could go to Publix and this is where the real fun began.  I had already prepared for our visit by clipping coupons that went along with their BOGO deal and a few others that ended up being great deals themselves.  Not to mention the coupon that comes in the "junk" mail that gives you a $10.00 gift card when you spend $50.00 or more.  We got all of this for $80.08 and saved $94.19 (55% savings), yes you read that right!!! Go ahead you can say it, HOLY COW, that's CRAZY!!!
(4 Ragu, 6 boxes of pasta - different types, 1 Pepsi, 2 packs of hot dogs, 10 yogurts, 1 sour cream, 1 bag of sliced cheese, 2 bags of dog treats, 1 aluminum foil, 8 rolls of paper towels, 2 men's body wash, 2 body lotions, 2 bottles of olive oil, 1 can of Off, 2 value size boxes of granola bars, 2 V8 Splash, 6 Lysol cleaners, 2 1/2 gallons of Organic Milk and 10 hand soaps)
And then we finally headed over to Aldi, which is where we got a few additional things because they are always better priced at Aldi.  We spent a total of $38.08 there.

(2.5 lbs of ground beef, pack of pork chops, bananas, blueberries, loaf of bread, hot dog buns, bag of stir fry, 3 bags of shrimp, 1 liquid dish soap, 2 fried shrimp frozen dinners, 2 pringles and 4 chocolate puddings)

All in all, I think it was a TOTAL success!!  I can't believe we haven't been doing this for years!  Ahhhh, think of the savings! I am so excited and I can't wait to see how much we can save with more practice.  You have to keep in mind that this was our FIRST time!  Not to shabby, if I say so myself!! It was so much fun and so easy to do!!  Now we just have to figure out what we want to do with all the money we are going to be saving :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

NICE! I need to learn a few things from you!